Friday, June 6, 2014

Big Life Changes Can Be Scary. But......

I haven't posted in a few days and even now I am not sure what to say other than I am not the same person this weekend that I was last weekend.  It all began on June 1st  when a friend sent me a gift and a scripture that she was believing for both of us!  It is amazing what can happen in just 24 hours that can completely change your life.  I can't share a lot of details yet but suffice to say that something that has been prophesied over me, prayed over me and I have been expecting for years is in the beginning to develop. 

This week the Lord and I have had many conversations in a completely new area of my life and while some things seem to be getting worse (if you just look at them in the natural) others are absolutely amazing.  In many ways this week I have felt like the church that was praying for Peter to be released from prison.  The had fervently prayed and believed, but then when he was released and knocking at the door.  They would not believe it was him and left him standing at the door! I realized that sometimes when we have been really hurt or disappointed,  it is easier to believe in someday rather than go through the painful process of birthing something now.  I believe God has perfect timing and just like a baby being born there are labor pains to indicate that it is time, but then we need to cooperate in order to receive the blessing. 

I have also come to the realization through my own experience this week that sometimes when we are believing for something that God has promised us and it has been a long time; that believing becomes the new "normal" -  for us the reality of it is somewhere off in the future.  In some ways we feel good about it because we can say "I am believing" - but what happens when it is actually knocking at your door?

I have sought the Lord diligently over the past week, I have confessed my fears in this area and He is healing my heart in new and amazing ways.   There is still some very tender areas in my heart and I am very aware of  my desire to protect myself, but that would again  be closing the door. It is not easy and there are some labor pains, but it will be worth it!

I am thankful that He continues to heal me and get me ready for the next chapter in my life. If you are believing for something the Lord has promised you, don't give up because He is faithful.  On the other hand, don't get so comfortable "waiting" on the Lord that you never give birth to the promises you are carrying. Change can be scary, but determine to push through and live the life God has promised you -  a life with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment